Feelin’ Groovy’s Summer in the City Tour introduces you to all things Sandpoint! Our iconic downtown district is reminiscent of Bedford Falls in the classic movie, It’s a Wonderful Life.
Start your tour by experiencing an award winning beverage at Evans Brothers Coffee Roasters where we'll learn about their sourcing, roasting, and best practices.
We'll experience an insider tour of the historic Panida Theater, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and recipient of the coveted "Orchid Award" for historic preservation.
Our next stops include the Bonner County History Museum - a true gem with over one million artifacts, documents and images, and Sandpoint’s historic train depot - the oldest remaining active passenger depot of the former Northern Pacific Railway.
Along the way you'll view other storied landmarks, view public art installations and get enlightening and entertaining commentary about "Hangtown" and Sandpoint’s raucous beginnings.
Tour List Price Includes:
- 3- Hour Guided Tour (Approx.)
- 4 Featured Stops
- Numerous points of interest along the route
- Coffee or tea of your choice at Evans Brothers Coffee Roasters
- Private guided tour of the historic Panida Theater
- Admission fee to the Bonner County History Museum
- Enlightening and entertaining commentary by your local guide
- Complimentary bottled water
- For your convenience, spray mister bottles, umbrellas, binoculars and lap blankets are available for use
- Good vibes in a vintage VW bus!
- Note: Applicable tour taxes and fees and gratuity for your guide are not included
Things You Need To Know:
- A 2-guest minimum is required to operate this tour. We will contact you by the morning of your tour if we need to reschedule.
- The bus can accommodate up to 7 guests. Seating is first come, first served.
- Ages 5 and under are permitted only when reserving the entire bus for a private tour. Just choose the "Wanna Make It A Private Tour" option on the Book Now calendar.
- Please bring appropriate child seating.
- Due to seasonal hours and vendor availability, some attractions listed on this tour may need to be changed.
- PICK-UP and DROP-OFF for this tour is at the Sandpoint City Beach Park parking lot at the end of Bridge Street. Take Bridge Street from First Avenue, then just past the RV Park on the right, turn right into the lot and look for the blue Feelin' Groovy VW bus. Free parking is available.
Featured on this tour:
Evans Brothers Coffee Roasters
Brothers Rick and Randy Evans showcase their award winning coffees roasted on site at both their Sandpoint and Coeur d’Alene locations.
Historic Panida Theatre
Proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Panida theater opened as a vaudeville and movie house in 1927.
Bonner County History Museum
Founded in 1972, the Bonner County History Museum is a true gem and home to over one million artifacts, documents and images.
Historic Sandpoint Train Depot
Built in 1916, the historic Sandpoint Train Depot is the oldest remaining active passenger depot of the former Northern Pacific railway.