Winner of the 2017 International Lavender Sommelier Gold Medal Award of Excellence, Sandpoint Lavender Farm grows four varieties of lavender and practices sustainable farming without the use of herbicides or pesticides. English and French lavender plants, essential oils and more will be available for purchase.
Next, we'll meander through the lovely Selle Valley to Birch Creek Farm, the private home of chef and cookbook author (and San Diego opera songstress) Ann Mellander, to enjoy a cooking demonstration and food tasting experience featuring a "cream tea" of lavender infused tea, sweet lavender scones with Devonshire cream and lemon curd, and lavender infused lemonade. Full of delectable and guest-approved recipes, Ann's cookbook, Cypress Hill Farms, will be available for purchase and her delightful cottage gift shop will be open for guests.
We’ll round out our afternoon by heading high above Lake Pend Oreille to the cliffs above Contest Point for a private showing of award winning artist Lucy West’s fine art renderings of the cosmos. Lucy’s works have been commissioned and/or exhibited by notable venues such as NASA's Launch Control Center at Kennedy Space Center, The House of Representatives in Washington D.C., The Art of Planetary Sciences in Tucson, AZ., Biosphere 2 in Oracle, AZ, and fine art galleries and private collectors worldwide to name a few. Her space and science compositions are popular in the aerospace and science communities and are collected by astronauts, astronomers and scientists.
A truly out-of-this-world experience only available four days of the year!
Tour List Price Includes:
- 4-Hour Guided Tour (Approx.)
- 3 Featured Stops
- Numerous points of interest along the route
- Sandpoint Lavender Farm private tour
- Birch Creek Farm cooking demonstration and tasting
- Private meet & greet with award winning cosmos artist, Lucy West.
- Enlightening and entertaining commentary by your local guide
- Complimentary bottled water
- For your convenience, spray mister bottles, umbrellas, binoculars and lap blankets are available for use
- Good vibes in a vintage VW bus!
- Note: Applicable tour taxes and fees and gratuity for your guide are not included
Things You Need To Know:
- A 4-guest minimum is required to operate this tour. We will contact you by the morning of your tour if we need to re-schedule.
- The bus can accommodate up to 7 guests. Seating is first come, first served.
- Ages 5 and under are permitted only when reserving the entire bus for a private tour. Just choose the "Wanna Make It A Private Tour" option on the Book Now calendar.
- Please bring appropriate child seating.
- For the lavender farm tour, closed-toe shoes and a lightweight, long sleeved shirt are recommended.
- Lavender scones contain gluten. We strongly suggest you use your own best judgement regarding any food sensitivities you may have.
- Please bring your choice of sun protection.
- PICK-UP and DROP-OFF for this tour is at the Foster's Crossing Parking Lot at 504 Oak St. in Sandpoint. Look for the blue Feelin' Groovy VW bus. Free public parking is available in this lot and the city lot across the street at 513 Oak St.
Featured on this tour:
Sandpoint Lavender Farm
Fill your senses with a glorious field of scentsational lavender where award winning essential oils are made.
Lucy West Studios
Award winning artist Lucy West will fascinate and inspire you with her fine art renderings of the cosmos.
Birch Creek Farm
Chef Ann Mellander invites you to experience farm fresh cooking demonstrations and tastings.