Wild Goose Chase offers guests a totally unexpected, hard-to-find jewel set along the peaceful and scenic Pack River where you'll discover a treasure chest of antiques, salvaged items and restored vintage furniture. Keep your eyes open as you just may see a moose or a turtle on this adventure!
Heading back in to town, we'll visit The Carousel of Smiles Restoration Project, a unique effort to restore a circa 1920, 40-ft. diameter, Allan Herschell carousel to its former glory. The carousel last operated in 1952 at the Kansas State fair in Hutchinson, Kansas where it was abandoned and stored in two trailers. Sixty-four years later in December 2016, the carousel found its way here to Sandpoint. Thanks to the restoration project, its newfound mission is to bring smiles and magical excitement to new generations through a classic carousel experience.
Now heading south over Sandpoint's beloved Long Bridge, our next stop is a private tour and tasting at Deerfield Farms, where owners Susan and Jerry grow over 30 varieties of predominantly heirloom tomatoes. Deerfield Farms blends modern technology with age-old practices to produce beautiful, delicious organic tomatoes for grocers and restaurants throughout the region, including the famed Davenport Hotel in Spokane. It's a tomato that tastes like a tomato!
Finally, we'll finish the afternoon at Matchwood Brewing Company, Sandpoint's groovy neighborhood craft brewery, where you can enjoy a fresh, handcrafted brew or glass of wine. A short brewery tour may also be available for most dates!
Tour List Price Includes:
- 4-Hour Guided Tour (Approx.)
- 4 Featured Stops
- Numerous points of interest along the route
- Browsing and shopping opportunity at Wild Goose Chase
- Guided tour of the Carousel of Smiles Restoration Project
- Private tour and heirloom tomato tasting at Deerfield Farms
- Beer, wine or brew sampler of your choice at Matchwood Brewing Company
- Enlightening and entertaining commentary by your local guide
- Complimentary bottled water
- For your convenience, spray mister bottles, umbrellas, binoculars and lap blankets are available for use
- Good Vibes in a Vintage VW bus!
- Note: Applicable tour taxes and fees and gratuity for your guide are not included
Things You Need To Know:
- A 4-guest minimum is required to operate this tour. We will contact you by the morning of your tour if we need to reschedule.
- The bus can accommodate up to 7 guests. Seating is first come, first served.
- Ages 5 and under are permitted only when reserving the entire bus for a private tour. Just choose the "Wanna Make It A Private Tour" option on the Book Now calendar.
- Please bring appropriate child seating
- Desired sun protection encouraged
- Wild Goose Chase accepts cash only, no credit cards or debit cards
- Due to seasonal hours and vendor availability, some attractions listed on this tour may need to be changed.
- PICK-UP and DROP-OFF for this tour is at the Foster's Crossing Parking Lot at 504 Oak St. in Sandpoint. Look for the blue Feelin' Groovy VW bus. Free public parking is available in this lot and the city lot across the street at 513 Oak St.
Featured on this tour:
The Carousel of Smiles
The Carousel of Smiles restoration project is a unique effort to restore a circa 1920, 40 ft. diameter, Allan Herschell carousel to its former glory.
Deerfield Farms blends modern technology with age-old practices to produce over 30 varieties of beautiful and delicious organic tomatoes.
Wild Goose Chase
A totally unexpected find along the Pack River, Wild Goose Chase is a treasure chest of antiques, salvaged items and restored vintage furniture. Definitely not to be missed!
Matchwood Brewing Company
Sandpoint’s neighborhood brewery, Matchwood is your ticket to fresh, locally made craft beer and food-truck-style casual dining.