We begin the morning at Dover Bay Marina with an exhilarating water take-off and landing sandwiching an incredible 40-minute flight aboard Sandpoint Seaplane Service. At 1,000 feet you'll experience stunning views of Sandpoint's historic Long Bridge and the adjacent railroad trestle, then soar above the cliffs of Contest Point, Bottle Bay, the Green Monarchs, Scotchman Peaks, the Cabinet Gorge Dam and more! Your flight pattern this morning is an "exclusive" just for Feelin' Groovy Tours - and that ain't no jive turkey!
Back on land, sit back and relax aboard "Gwennie" as Feelin' Groovy's Summer In The City Tour takes you on a 2.5-hour guided tour of all things Sandpoint. Enjoy local attractions such as Evans Brothers Coffee or City Beach Organics, a private guided tour of the historic Panida Theater (another Feelin' Groovy exclusive), the Bonner County Museum and Sandpoint's historic train depot, the oldest remaining active passenger depot of the former Northern Pacific Railway. All along the way you'll view other storied landmarks, historic buildings, public art installations and listen to enlightening commentary about "Hangtown," Sandpoint's raucous beginnings and entertaining stories about a couple of local scoundrels too!
Last but not least, hop onboard Lake Pend Oreille Cruise's flagship, the Shawnodese and experience the breathtaking scenery of Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho's largest and deepest lake. While cruising on this classic vessel, you'll learn about the Ice Age floods that over thousands of years carved out our beautiful landscape, explorer and cartographer David Thompson, the Big Burn fire of 1910 and more. You'll also want to stay on the lookout for birds of prey as osprey and bald eagles are commonly seen from the boat.
Fantastic Voyage is sure to be a memorable experience of your visit to North Idaho! Please call or e-mail us for more information, check available dates and to reserve your tour!
Things You Need To Know:
- 6 1/2-Hour Guided Tour (Approx.)
- This tour may be scheduled for any day of the week subject to vendor availability. Call us with as much notice as possible to allow for coordination of venues.
- There is a 3-guest minimum required to operate this tour. There is a 4 or 5 guest maximum (the seaplane capacity is based on total weight of the party).
- The land tour must be reserved and paid by phone or e-mail with Feelin' Groovy Tours in order to coordinate venues and secure your tour date and time. Payments for the lake tour and air tour will be rendered on site with Lake Pend Oreille Cruises and Sandpoint Seaplane Service subject to their terms and conditions.
- The website list price ($59) of this tour reflects the price of the land tour only. The prices for the lake ($16-$24) and air tours ($89) are also shown separately on the tour page and may be subject to change without notice by the vendors.
- Complimentary bottled water is available on the bus
- Lunch & beverage options are available for purchase on the boat cruise
- Please bring appropriate child seating
- Due to seasonal hours and vendor availability, some attractions listed on the land tour may need to be changed.
- Note: Applicable tour taxes, fees and gratuity for your guides are not included in the list prices.
- PICK-UP and DROP-OFF for this tour is at the Foster's Crossing Parking Lot at 504 Oak St. in Sandpoint. Look for the blue Feelin' Groovy VW bus. Free public parking is available in this lot and the city lot across the street at 513 Oak St.